The Student Affairs Advisory Council is comprised of key partners who care deeply about the future success of Cal Poly students and the work of Student Affairs. Council members support our vision to inspire students to embrace their unlimited possibilities and help expand opportunities to deliver exceptional programs and services is vital to our student experience.
Student Affairs Advisory Council Members
In collaboration with our divisional leadership, our Student Affairs Advisory Council helps keep our momentum moving forward as they engage with key constituents, expand visibility of our efforts and serve as ambassadors for Student Affairs. They are committed to helping students thrive throughout the Cal Poly experience by providing opportunities to advance our efforts in building visionary programs and services, developing comprehensive support and guidance, and fostering co-curricular learning experiences.
Each member of the council has a personal relationship with Cal Poly; as an alum, a parent to a past or current student, employer, community member or other supporter of the university. Collectively, they bring a wealth of professional expertise and relationships to shape our future and support the diverse needs of our students.
Council members understand and support the strategic vision and plan for Student Affairs, as shown in our strategic plan.
It is the responsibility of each council member, on behalf of Cal Poly to:
- Keep true to the mission, vision, values and strategic goals set forth by Student Affairs in order to build a better future for Cal Poly students
- Understand the philanthropic priorities for Student Affairs
- Identifying ways to attract alumni back to campus
- Expand the base of supporters and build a culture of giving within Student Affairs and the university as a whole
- Commit to careful stewardship of all funds received to ensure a direct impact on Cal Poly student success
- Assist in developing higher visibility for Student Affairs by serving as ambassadors
- Identify and recruit new council members
Periodic Meetings and Term Limits
- Semi-annual meetings are hosted on campus and may include guests from the campus and community
- Chair is appointed for a two-year term
- Committee members may be appointed to a renewable two-year term
- Terms are structured to ensure sufficient continuity
- Task forces will be implemented as activities warrant
For more information about the advisory council, or to get involved, please contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the Advisory Council bylaws. (updated on June 2015)
Student Affairs Advisory Council Member Portal Login
Forgot your username or password?
For administrative assistance or to retrieve your user/password, please contact the office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at 805-756-1521.